Network Security Engineer Job
Date: Jul 30, 2013
Location: Hayes, GB
Network Security Engineer – ADNETSEC
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, click on the ‘Submit your Resume to this Job’ button.
Job TitleNetwork Security Engineer
Category Data Center Operations & Engineering
Location UK – Hayes – Hyde Park Hayes Hayes, UK
Education Technical/Specialised Training
Job Type Full-time
Travel Required 0
Looking for a new challenge and a rewarding career? Then, this could be an excellent opportunity for you with one of Europe’s “Top 100” companies to work for as a Network Security Engineer. If you would like to be part of a vibrant working culture, and feel you possess the skills and qualities we are looking for, send your CV in today for consideration!
The Network Security team is responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability and integrity of our customers’ critical infrastructure whilst providing industry leading Fanatical Support to both the customers and other segments of the business.The Network Security Engineer will be responsible for the EMEA customer base comprising in excess of 4000 customers employing a mixture of firewalled and load balanced solutions, some incorporating DR and HA solutions.
The Network Security Engineer will provide fanatical support to our customers and colleagues to ensure that new solutions are online within an agreed timescale and that new customer requests are dealt with quickly and efficiently. They will primarily be responsible for new device deployment and front line support, including customer calls, ticket requests and advice to other internal departments.
Desired Skills & Experience
– Apply technical knowledge associated with the various devices and technologies used at Rackspace, which include but are not limited to Cisco ASA/PIX and CSS loadbalancers, VPN, DNS, Routing/Switching and IP’ing/Subnetting.
– Strong awareness of subnetting and CIDR
– Good knowledge of DNS (A records, CNAMES, MX records, Authority Section, TTL values.)
– Switching (Vlans, STP, trunking etc) and general networking
– Needs good understanding of IP routing, TCP/IP ports and services, different levels of the OSI model and exposure to operating systems (Windows server and Linux)
– Will also benefit from basic knowledge of firewalls (Pix/ASA), VPN, access lists and loadbalancing (CSS, F5, webmux)
– Can work in a mixed environment using GUI and command line operating systems
– CCNA essential/CCNA Security beneficial
– Will have the capability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks
– Commitment to see each request/issue through to completion, but can also identify when escalation is required.
– Possess the ability to both record and follow detailed instructions
– Ability and desire to work within a Team Driven environment and be responsible enough to work unsupervised
– Will have the desire to promote themselves and their team within the organization through working proactively with other departments to improve work processes and build relationships
Type of Job(-US Only) 0
Job Segments: Network Security, Network, Security, Engineer, Network Engineer, Technology, Engineering