Linux Operations Engineer
Medidata Solutions – Hammersmith, United Kingdom (United Kingdom)
The Linux Operations Engineer is responsible for hands-on implementation of infrastructure components and deployment tools for Medidata’s products. A Linux Operations Engineer is expected to participate in the planning and development of software products by participating in daily scrum meetings, and being part of the Agile methodology definition of “Done”.
- Provide technical support and administration of Linux Servers with operational knowledge of Web/Application/Database servers in a Cloud computing environment
- Support existing 24×7 web hosting operations – monitoring/alerting, backups, infrastructure deployment, application deployment, network security, management of hosted systems via automation and configuration management, developing custom solutions for public and/or private cloud infrastructure
- Perform tier-2 escalation support of large-scale computer systems in a multi-server environment, with a focus on system administration of LINUX operating systems.
- Manage all product and systems updates and patches and software releases
- Assist with architecture of Systems operations, product functionality and customer deliverable
- Provide diagnostic support and bug-fixing for existing product releases
- Administer and maintain version control repositories
- Participation in on-call (Tier 1 & 2) rotation supporting Medidata’s Global customers
- Support global team of developers/engineers
- Liaise with Software Quality Assurance, product managers and professionals services personnel who are developing new system functionality
- Active contributor or independent author of technical documentation or training materials.Requirements:
- Extensive experience as a Linux Systems Administrator /Engineer
- Experience with web/application servers like TomCat, Nginx, Ruby on Rails
- Good working knowledge of MySQL databases
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to provide strategic vision for selection, implementation and support of technology solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Scripting (bash, ruby etc)
- Ability to work in a 24×7 On Call rotation
- Chef – we use Chef for configuration management and service orchestration.
- Infrastructure/Application Monitoring experience
- Experience deploying to and managing Amazon Web Services
- Bachelor*s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experienceNice to have:
- Technical support and administration of Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS is a Plus
- Experience with Monitoring systems (NewRelic, Nagios)Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Python, Perl
The LAMP Engineer is responsible for hands-on implementation of infrastructure components and deployment tools for Medidata’s products. A LAMP Engineer is expected to participate in the planning and development of software products by participating in daily scrum meetings, and being part of the Agile methodology definition of “Done”.Responsibility Overview:●Provide diagnostic support and bug-fixing for existing product releases●Liaise with Software Quality Assurance, product manag…
Medidata Solutions is a leading global provider of SaaS clinical development solutions that enhance the efficiency of customers’ clinical trials. Medidata’s advanced solutions lower the total cost of clinical development by optimizing clinical trials from concept to conclusion: from study and protocol design, trial planning and budgeting, site negotiation, clinical portal, trial management, randomization and trial supply management, clinical data capture and management, safety events capture, medical coding to business analytics. Our diverse life science customer base spans biopharmaceutical companies, medical device and diagnostic companies, academic and government institutions, CROs and other research organizations, and includes more than 20 of the top 25 global pharmaceutical companies as well as organizations of all sizes developing life-enhancing medical treatments and diagnostics.
The company was founded in 1999 and is based in New York with additional offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Japan.
- August 13, 2013
- Not Applicable
- Computer Software, Information Technology and Services
- Employer Job ID:
- Job ID: