This is set of few things I found on
The responsibilities for this role will include:
* understand and document current infrastructure.
* Creating system documentation and maintenance plans
* Creating plan to normalise infrastructure into a manageable environment
* Creating scripts/install tools to monitor all aspects of all environments and clearly report hardware and software issues.
* Managing and tune database infrastructure
* Managing and tune web server infrastructure
* Updating and patching installed components as upgrades/security issues are found.
* Carrying out development and scripting tasks as required.
* Liaising with Development Team Leaders to aid in moving systems from test into production and aid with on-going support
* Partaking in peer code/security/design reviews, contribute and learn in equal proportion
- Responsible for the availability and performance of the service.
- Allocating, managing and escalating events/requests across teams.
- Reviewing the quality and accuracy of Event data in line with compliance checks.
- Managing client cases and escalations from Client Operations teams.
- Assigning tasks to produce written work instructions to resolve infrastructure
- Identifying infrastructure-monitoring weaknesses.
- Driving process compliance within the Tier 1 team.
- Identifying training needs and developing team competencies against the skills matrix (updated by the Tier Manager).
- Driving efficiencies within the Tier 1 arena.
- Ensuring that recurring infrastructure impacting issues are manage through the appropriate internal processes
- Covering the Incident Manager function in event of absence of a Tier 2 Manager.
- Previous knowledge and management/Team Lead experience operating within a Globally distributed Operations Model
- Strong Linux experience in a professional or educational environment is mandatory.
- Knowledge and awareness on best practices and features of Cloud/SaaS delivered services.
- Knowledge of HTTP(S), SMTP, LDAP, DNS, NTP and other internet protocols is desired. In depth understanding of SMTP is an asset.
- Knowledge of Linux from a user and system administrator perspective is mandatory. Exposure to other UNIX operating systems is an asset.
- Shell scripting is a great asset to this position. Bash and/or Perl is desirable.
- Knowledge of an Linux based email servers such as Qmail, Postfix, Sendmail or Exim is mandatory. Microsoft Exchange knowledge is an asset.
- Basic understanding of proxying technologies such as Squid and/or Microsoft ISA Server is an asset
- Basic understanding of routing protocols and associated Cisco/Juniper hardware.
- Basic understanding of firewall technology and load balancing technology understanding is an asset.
- Practical understanding of email and web security issues.
- Ability to work in team settings, with both local and remote teams while stayed self-directed and maintaining an ever-changing workload.
- Previous experience of working within a fast paced client/technical environment; preferably a service support environment.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends on a rotational schedule is mandatory (no overnight shifts)
- Degree in an IT related subject or equivalent work experience. Proven ability to comprehend advanced technical concepts i.e. Linux and Windows Server technology, Firewalls, Switches and Routers, Portal and API based systems, MTA’s Squid and ISA Server
Puppet, OpenVZ virtual containers, Postfix MTA.