Skills Required for – Technical Support Engineer – Linux – At Redhat UK
Technical Support Engineer – Linux
Job ID: 38497
Farnborough, United Kingdom
|Red Hat has grown from an inspired idea to a company with over $1 billion in revenue in FY12 by bringing the Linux operating system, middleware, and virtualization into the mainstream of enterprise
computing. We’re now positioning ourselves to do the the same thing in cloud computing and storage solutions.
We don’t just develop great software; we provide exceptional technical support for all Red Hat products through our Global Support Services (GSS) organization. This customer facing team is made up of highly skilled technical engineers who provide high touch support for all of our products around the globe in six languages. Our engineers go beyond offering just a break-fix solution; they collaborate with customers to recommend best practices, suggest resources and customize solutions.
We are currently seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our team in Brno.
This opportunity will offer you the opportunity to be an expert in RHEL as well as other Red Hat technologies – virtualization, cloud or middleware. One of your first tasks will be to become a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) and come up to speed with our diverse solutions. As our customers are typically other engineers, it’s imperative that you continually develop your technical skills.
|Primary job responsibilities
- Provide high level technical support to customers by taking incoming calls and responding to web-based inquiries
- Perform diagnostics of problems, troubleshoot and develop solutions for customer issues
- Exceed customer expectations with outstanding customer service
- Consult with and develop relationships with in-house engineers and developers to drive creative solutions and improve customer satisfaction
- Contribute to global Red Hat knowledge base to improve future customer support
- Share your knowledge through training sessions and mentoring
- Be actively involved in product design, development, troubleshooting, documentation or upstream community work
- Linux system administration experience (installation methods, networking, firewall, security, clustering, web servers, and databases using Linux)
- Must have strong troubleshooting/debugging skills and a passion for problem solving and investigation
- First-rate customer service, prior help desk experience and / or customer-focused experience is a must
- Any previous scripting / programming experience is a plus (bash, perl, python, java or ruby)
- BS / BA degree or equivalent experience within the enterprise IT sector
- Prior RHCE or other Linux certification would be considered a huge advantage (Red Hat Certified Engineer certification will be required within 60 days of start)
- Must possess outstanding English communication skills – written and verbal
- Fluency in an additional language would be a plus (Spanish, French, German, Italian, etc.)
Posted date: 01/29/13